From removing paint or stain from homes, retail businesses or industrial facilities, dustless blasting has no equal in its effectiveness, reduced cost and leaving the surface prepped for a new finish. Additionally, it is faster than any other method of media blasting and virtually eliminates the dust resulting from other blasting options. The videos below show how easy it is to remove surface coatings from parts, concrete and heavy equipment.
What is 'Dustless Blasting"?
The Dustless Blaster works by mixing water and abrasive inside the blast tank. By introducing water we’re drastically increasing mass and energy the machine is putting out, while eliminating dust. Imagine throwing a handful of dry sand, versus throwing a handful of wet sand; which one is going to have a more significant impact on the target? Not only will the wet sand hit the target harder, but it won’t disintegrate and become a cloud of dust like the dry sand will. This is the very simple principle behind Dustless Blasting. The Dustless Blasting system has numerous advantages over the old, outdated dry blasting method.
- Faster - The Dustless Blaster can strip a car in under 2 hours.
- Minimal Dust - The abrasive gets trapped in water and grounded, eliminating the dust.
- Lower Abrasive Consumption - The Dustless Blaster uses less media to do more work.
- Abrasive Flexibility - The Dustless Blaster can use almost any abrasive that sinks in water.
- No Warping - The water prevents friction and won’t warp thin metal like sandblasting will.
- Safe for Workers - Recycled bottle glass contains no free silica, a leading cause of silicosis.
- Less Containment Needed - In most cases, expensive, time consuming containment doesn't need to be set up.
- Doesn’t Affect Nearby Workers - Never sacrifice productivity, other workers can work nearby unaffected.
- Leaves a Paint Ready Surface - The rust inhibitor decontaminates the metal leaving a clean, chloride free paint ready surface.
Seeing is Believing!
This rusted, unsightly trailer looks like something that belongs in the landfill. However, it's transformation after being sprayed with our mobile dustless blasting system is something to behold. Stripped down to bare metal it is ready for a fresh coat of paint without needing any other prep work. Only dustless blasting can provide such dramatic results.